• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The next Project an ASMH

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they were about $750. A kit that includes rotor, cam ring, vanes and o-rings. Craig called today and the parts are there. Ordered them Monday, came from Mi.

We also found a 3/4 wire rope end for the rear winch. Came out of Canada, apx $75 shipped. Got a notice that that is in customes posession as of Wednesday. Maybe be here by Monday.

@BLK HMMWV , whatta ya gonna do Tuesday for a couple of hours in the AM? Supposed to be hot too.

Tomorrow, off to the white whale between 0700-0730.

El Jeffe is doing a tri tip. dunno if I will stay, trying to re seal the trailer ends before vaca.

BLK HMMWV

You truly are Captain Ahab.
I white whale and a green whale!!!
I'm supposed to go to Camarillo one day next week, was going to go Tuesday but I guess I can shuffle things around.
You're not going to make me walk the plank or swab the deck are you.
I hope you stay for some tri-tip I brought it out earlier in the week for us all.
Looks like I might be in charge of cooking it in the Traeger while you guys are getting all that whale blubber on yourselves.
Gives me a good excuse to monitor it on my phone app. too!
See you tomorrow.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot pictures. Swabi? Thought it was Monkey?

Yes, the pump parts are perfect! The plan, if it isn't hot as the surface of the sun, is to slam it together Tuesday. Craig has opted to install all new fluid, so he should be ordering and picking it up before then. We have also decided to put a magnet in the tank to try and get what is left of the failed parts out of the system. I did install a screen filter after I cleaned the tank.

We were also able to find a cable end for the 3/4 rear winch cable. It got to the compound Monday. There was a small issue with that, the wedge was/is for a 6 strand cable, we have a 7. The wedge is brass or bronze, so, I just put it in the vice and straightened the old one out and will try using it. There are part numbers on it so I will record them and try to find a new one if I can't get it to work.

I still need to re fill the power divider, I drained it thinking there was some sort of failure in there, but when I saw no chunks come out the hole, I stopped, regrouped and then found the linkages all out of whack, finish installing the de-clutching linkage for the rear operators station and hook up the roto pack and sort out the air leak at the de-clutching air valve/lines so that it can be used.

BLK HMMWV

We still up for trying to harpoon your O.D. 🐋 tomorrow ?
I know you want this off your list.
I still have a red whale that needs your attention but I know for a retired mechanic you have a very busy schedule especially since you sprouted antlers recently .
Let's knock this sucker out tomorrow.
Hopefully I can make first mate if we can land your green 🐋 tomorrow.
Swabi.