• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade complete

Just make it your default... I suspect that one of the things with the default display did was to get everyon'e attention to let them know the world had changed and "Please Stand By..." We are patching things back together... We will have stuff working as soon as possible. Much easier to deal with than "Hey this is an upgrate, most of the stuff is there just look around, and no the stuff ain't broke we just need some time to get the rest stuff set up."

Again: All hail the great and powerful administrator patracy for providing this high contrast nugget for all to find and make use of. May our vehicles sing their turbocharged praise of him!

Seriously though... A darned good job !

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must need to be a lot older then, the high contrast burns my eyes......

You can use AdBlock to block the ads or you can do what I do, wait for an ad to pop up and click on them once in a while. Not sure how SS gets money from the ad but I'm hoping they get money with a click through.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
pa tracy, you rock man. Seriously, next time I see you, the Heineken is on me.

Hey everybody, make sure to add if you participate in member assistance. This is something we did on the old maps and we never really got a chance to put it into action.

Like everyone, I worry about the phone ringing at 0200 and some stranger saying "hey, I took off on a 500 mile trip totally unprepared, can you come bail me out".

But, I worry even more about it being 30 degrees outside, 0200 and being 300 miles from home and something fail. It happens.

Marcel

Hey Patracy, *....... I have "My Pictures" organized into folders on my hard drive which the old version of V Bulletin would show. This new version only shows files and not files within folders so is there any way that you could include folders? I know that I could remove the files from the folders and upload them but that would be a lot of work and then they would not be organized. This would make it exceedingly difficult to find the necessary pics that I wanted to attach to my posts for I have many image files.

Marcel

I got it figured out. Just needed a few more mouse clicks to get to my folders. The site is looking good and it seems that most members are getting accustomed to the change.

Cheers,
Marcel

phil2968

Since the member map is up the words "member map" is mainly hidden by the search box on my screen. Anyone else see this or is it just my 3 year old Acer notebook running XP?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm loving the "New Posts" link, that's great!
I used to just hang out in a couple subforums because the Main Page was just too busy for me.

Thanks, for all of this!

rickf

Since the member map is up the words "member map" is mainly hidden by the search box on my screen. Anyone else see this or is it just my 3 year old Acer notebook running XP?
Mine looks normal. Member map is about centered and the search box is on the far right.

ratat98

Looks good patracy! Being a webmaster myself and messing some with vbulliten, I understand how things have to be changed from time to time! Like the new layout!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That'll be your screen resolution. Or perhaps you have your browser zoom in too much.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a week now. Most of the whining and sniveling has subsided and folks are starting to appreciate the time and $$$$ to bring this exciting new product to fruition. Thanks to Chris for always leaning forward with Steel Soldiers, Andrew for carrying the brunt of the burden on the transition and to all those out of the limelight who put so much into this with few rewards for the effort. I fought the last forum upgrade tooth and nail and the bottom line then was it was badly broken and decayed but the admins did a good job at making it look OK. I am certain that patching up the the prior forum and keeping it "Looking" fine was a huge admin burdon leading up to this change. This time around I wanted to part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Thanks guys for making it happen.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:smile:amen,amen,amen,Amen,Amen,Amen,AMEN,AMEN,AMEN!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO ALL. THIS IS AWESOME!!!:p
Bob

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update:

Advanced search has a lot more grunt to it now. You can filter by forums. To select multiple forums ctrl + click the forums you wish to search under.

Working on a google search to incorporate into the site as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks