• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Va Rally at Graves Mountain (Labor Day Weekend) 2013

CGarbee

With all the talk about upcomming events and the need for some folks to get things nailed down at work (or with the Significant Other), I thought that I would let everyone know that the VA Rally (aka Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally) will be held August 29-September 2, 2013.

The website needs an update (gotta change the dates, t-shirt design, and add the early morning trailrides to the schedule), but the "big picture" info is correct.

http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com/

As usual, I need to give a shoutout to Steve, Laura, and Gary, for all the work that they are doing with trail upkeep. :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to be there, with my M37.....Look out trail rides. I will try and drag ferro along with me.

olbucksnort

Tired of hearing about kool places like this. Time I get out and do'em. I'm affirmative.
I'm down to only one kidney. Donated the other about 11 years ago , but can't handle really rough roads anymore. Doe's
anybody have video of the trail ?

CGarbee

Tired of hearing about kool places like this. Time I get out and do'em. I'm affirmative.
I'm down to only one kidney. Donated the other about 11 years ago , but can't handle really rough roads anymore. Doe's
anybody have video of the trail ?
Glad to hear that you plan to join us!
As has been mentioned elsewhere, we have trails ranging from orchard roads and state park roads (gravel/dirt) with a few potholes, to a ridge trail that threads over and around a rockfield...and everything in between.

We also have a bunch of other stuff in the area to do (in addition to hanging around the camp/display area BSing and swapping parts) so you don't have to go on every trail ride... :)

CGarbee

The website was updated this morning (with the exception of the t-shirt page...).
Chuck should have the shirt design done this week...

JSF01

I'm in. I got a couple of things I need to fix on my truck when I get back state side but they should not take to long to fix (better not take to long since it is still my daily driver). I can not wait.

CGarbee

Just thought that I would pop in and mention that the website has had a bunch of updates made (daily schedule, photos from last year, etc.). Still need to put the t-shirt design up for this year (I have it in hand, just need to scan it and send it to Amnon...).

I'll be on-site this weekend with Steve, Laura, and the crew, doing some trail work (aka, cutting trees that have fallen over the trails) and riding... If you have nothing better to do and want to help out, or just get a feel for what the place looks like, join us... :)

olbucksnort

I hope the Trail Boss gives ya' some time off. We've been cleaning up every week over here. There's a just about another new storm every week.
Prayer and wishers to people of Oklahoma .

I'll ask , If CGarbee hasn't already . Is there anyone want'in to bring an Instrument (or sound making devise of quality ) to this Rally.
I would gladly join in with My Jew's Harp , AKA: "JAW HARP" , at a Camp's Fireside some evenings . At the least a pair of spoons , and a
Harmonica would be great to accompany too.
Sincerely,
Ol'Bucksnort

P.S. thank ya'll for makin' a smooth trail and Happy 4th too.

Last edited:

CGarbee

I'll be there! I guess I should put that weekend on my "permanent" calendar every year, eh?
You might as well since I plan to have the rally every year on the same weekend... :)

We have a large fire ring over by the river on the backside of one of the orchards that we could use as a gathering place for those who wanted to make some music and/or take a night ride/roast marshmallows...etc.... It has been a very, very, long time since I played anything other than a radio, but I'll supply the firewood if somebody else wants to pick, strum, etc...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to be there again as usual - depends on the work situation what days, however. Recently interviewed for a new position, the job is cool but the hours are very random, almost an on-call situation. Might affect the days I can attend.

rfischba1

I plan to make it down this year, sounds like a great weekend for a MV camp out. Just what I need, this old soldier misses living in the bush. Leaving the Ft. Meade MD area on Friday, if anyone wants to convoy down. Driving the M-1008.

JSF01

Well I am dropping of my registration in the mail tomorrow for this event. There is also a guy that owns an M1009 that I have seen parked in a parking lot quite often so I am going to leave a letter on his windshield informing him of this event if he is interested if he does not know about it.
I hope the Trail Boss gives ya' some time off. We've been cleaning up every week over here. There's a just about another new storm every week.
Prayer and wishers to people of Oklahoma .

I'll ask , If CGarbee hasn't already . Is there anyone want'in to bring an Instrument (or sound making devise of quality ) to this Rally.
I would gladly join in with My Jew's Harp , AKA: "JAW HARP" , at a Camp's Fireside some evenings . At the least a pair of spoons , and a
Harmonica would be great to accompany too.
Sincerely,
Ol'Bucksnort

P.S. thank ya'll for makin' a smooth trail and Happy 4th too.
Well I think I might remember how to hold the spoons together, from a single discussion on musical interments of the west from elementary school. I don't have a single musically tuned bone in my body but if it's a constant beet I might be able to accomplish that.

rfischba1

I plan to arrive on Friday evening and stay till Sunday, driving the M-1008 and bringing a Crew tent for cover. Anyone wanting to convoy down let me know. I live just outside of Fort Meade, MD Randy 410-802-6078

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still planning on coming, and bringing my M37 for her coming out party. I just have to rebuild the front axle, bleed the brakes, .............

Should see everyone Thursday afternoon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks