• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Rally

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love hyperpuppy! Especially with KC Masterpiece on it...

Join the campfire and you can help me with my cookstove. It's, uh, tempermental....

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick it will be a blast to see you again. No M814 on this trip- I am bringing the wife, and after the rally, I we are heading for the coast and the ponies on assatqugue island. I will be begging rides on any and all MV's.

JSF01

With getting ready to move and a zillion other things going on, Wont be able to make it.aua
Thanks for the invite CGarbee.
Sorry to here that, you PCSing?

Since I know that I can go any one else interested in convoying there? Even If you are not in the Hampton area, but between it and Graves Mountian. We could set up a few rally points with the people farthest south start heading up and through those rally points adding more people to the convoy.

kaiser715

I PM'd Cabell the other day, unfortunately, I am out, too. Working on one of the biggest work projects I have done in years, and just got word of major changes coming at another client. On top of that, found out yesterday my mom is having some health issues that will force us to stay close for a while.

We'll miss y'all

CJ9/Granny

I will be heading up in the AM on Thursday. This will be my new trail rig's maiden voyage. Looking forward to seeing y'all again. DP, sorry to hear you and your other half are out of the game. I was looking forward to seeing you again. I will be riding solo, my other half is still not up to traveling much. Hope to y'all Thursday evening! BTW: I will be on Hwy 29... white Dodge pickup pulling a green Wrangler YJ.

hoop

Everyone...Watch the speed traps RT 29 in Amherst and Nelson counties. James River to Lovingston.

kaiser715

. DP, sorry to hear you and your other half are out of the game. I was looking forward to seeing you again.
Thanks, Don. Sorry we won't see you...I was looking forward to checking out your TBI swap -- I'm in the middle of that right now on my CJ (following the old bustedjeep.com writeup). I might need some pointers from you soon.

DP

CGarbee

Everyone...Watch the speed traps RT 29 in Amherst and Nelson counties. James River to Lovingston.
Thanks for the warning.

Some things never change, that stretch has been a speed trap my entire life... Thankfully, I'll be in the XM813 with the XM708 on the towbar with MichiganDon following in his M35 with a M105 on the pintle... We shouldn't be going fast enough to trigger the radar... :)

We'll keep an eye out for that Dodge/Wranger combination...

Hate to hear that some of you have conflicts, but that happens... We'll see you next year for sure. :)

Drive safe everyone.

Graves Mtn

We Finished Cleaning The Trails This Past Weekend . It Is Very Wet Up There It Rained On us all Evening Sat Into Sunday Morning. We Got Some spaces In The Camping Area Cleaned. But We Broke The PTO Drive Shaft So Cant Do Anymore Until This Thursday. Got All The Tall Grass From In The Shower Area Cleaned. So Every Thing Is Ready. Hope For A Great Turn Out. The MV Rally Is Great.. Be Careful On The Highways The Cops Are Really Bad. We Saw A Lot Coming Back Yesterday. We Will Be Leaving Heading Up To Graves Thursday. Be Safe

rickf

I am really having second thoughts about about my trailer. Anyone in the immediate NJ area have a heavy duty car hauler or equipment trailer I could rent or borrow for the trip? Need to know ASAP since I am leaving Thursday morning.

Rick

CJ9/Granny

If it's still available, I hope to again snag the spot across the field far away from the walnut trees, and the horse noise. The iron in my Dodge is NOT up to the military specs covering walnut dents. I'm not at all concerned with grass or weeds. :)

rickf

Good to have you back Don, It was just too quiet without you there to start trouble.:D

Thanks Laura.

I am having doubts about my trailer handling the trip. With all that has gone wrong I think Murphy has camped out in my back yard and is already packed for the trip. I could rent a trailer but they want to gouge me on the price. 390.00 and the dang thing is going to b sitting most of the time!

Rick

CJ9/Granny

Ha Ha Ha... I know exactly what you are referring to, and in spite of some left-handed comments/suggestions made by none other than Mr. Cabell, good old Donald is NOT going to be the official rent-a-cop for this event. After taps, I plan to be well across the field minding my own business. :!::D

CJ9/Granny

Hi Don We Wanted to Know if You Want To Get Near The Fence Line or Where You Moved To Last
Rick is trying to rattle my chain... I really can't tell by the tone if you are attempting to rattle it a little more, or is this is a legitimate question so I am answering cautiously as being legitimate.....

NO... I do not want anywhere near that fence. Yes I am shooting for where I last moved to. It's nice and quiet over there... no walnuts, or other nuts. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks