• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West/Central Florida - Richloam Trip - August 22nd & 23rd

phil2968

Here's some pics of some clean trucks. I don't know what vinny is trying to say with the pink boots on the back of the 5 ton.

I hope ya'll have fun in the mud! I want to see pics of dirty trucks!

Attachments

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]
Looks lik e the FL Rally all over again!
the m37 and Vinny's 5ton where the only mv's there and the m37 was the only mv on the trails. after playing for 3-4 hours i Only got the m37 stuck once and that was at a clay bottom. About 30min after i got stuck i let my dad play the wrest of the day(about 2 hours) . :wink:vinny didn’t want to play in the m37 he said he was to scared:wink: lol [/FONT]

Last edited:

Boss Doug

My son and I just got back. Man was there a lot of water and some deep holes. I think just about everyone had some type of mechanical problems. But all in all I had a good time. The only thing that could have been better is not so much water. It was good to make some new frends and to see Vinny and Brent again. I would have liked to see more MV's there, but maybe next time. My son and I got a lot of advice from Vinny's 5 year-old. Every time we came to a mud hole she would look at us and say "go and don't stop!";-) Hay Vinny your going to have your hand's full.

vinny-socom1

We are finally home and safe, and yes we stayed out there this long trail riding!!! We had a blast!!! Bubba and "DAD" we missed all the good trails!!! Brannen and Jack knew where all the good trails were and we rode with Alex in the Rover thru some water holes over the DASH!!! lots of FUN. I think we going to plan another trip in Oct. the trails we rode on tonight I could fit the 5ton so I'm there!!! next time I'll have the bobbed 5ton.

Thanks again Vinny & Alexis:-D

SixSpeed

Banned
Whew! Long day! Just got back inside.

We had planned to be there early, DC3 and I went to leave only to find that the Unimog was running (rather sputtering) on water. Main tank had a tremendous amount of water in it. Could only speculate as to why. Had to drain the tanks and fuel system and get fresh gas, so we were pretty late. Unimog ran like clockwork otherwise. Murphy must have been swamped with other trucks! :p

Everyone was already out on the trails, we stumbled upon a stranded Rover, so we towed him back to base. Eventually we caught up with everyone as they were coming back in for the day.

Thanks to Vinny and Alex (Florida Land Rover Club) for sticking around, we had an absolute blast!

Hope to see you guys sometime soon!

bubba_got_you

Whew! Long day! Just got back inside.

We had planned to be there early, DC3 and I went to leave only to find that the Unimog was running (rather sputtering) on water. Main tank had a tremendous amount of water in it. Could only speculate as to why. Had to drain the tanks and fuel system and get fresh gas, so we were pretty late. Unimog ran like clockwork otherwise. Murphy must have been swamped with other trucks! :p

Everyone was already out on the trails, we stumbled upon a stranded Rover, so we towed him back to base. Eventually we caught up with everyone as they were coming back in for the day.

Thanks to Vinny and Alex (Florida Land Rover Club) for sticking around, we had an absolute blast!

Hope to see you guys sometime soon!
ok now you have to retrieve all the pix form all the camera's. and venny i wish we could have stayed but the bosses wanted us home. :wink:

bubba_got_you

this is the clay hole i got stuck in. it wasn't all that deep compared to some of the stuff but the clay filled my tires and i was done.

Attachments

stalker

this is the clay hole i got stuck in. it wasn't all that deep compared to some of the stuff but the clay filled my tires and i was done.
Hey Trevor,
I have an extra welded rear third member for an M37 that I will sell at a very reasonable price. It would take care of that getting stuck problem :wink:. I'm glad to see that everone made it home O.K. and under their own power.

bubba_got_you

Hey Trevor,
I have an extra welded rear third member for an M37 that I will sell at a very reasonable price. It would take care of that getting stuck problem :wink:. I'm glad to see that everyone made it home O.K. and under their own power.
i would but i only got stuck once and that was it so i think it did pretty good so i think if i just got some lockers it would be unstoppable. things i learned are "i need a wench, i need to rebuild the t-case, i need lockers, and i need a brush gard"
:roll::wink::wink:

Michael_Golden

#3 son and I showed up in the Deuce @4 pm Sunday afternoon. Everyone was gone but there were a lot of tire tracks. We still had a good time driving around on the dirt roads.

No one mentioned the 3 ton wood bridge. I'm not going to say we made it over cuz the next guy that tries it with a 6½ ton Deuce may go in the drink and blame me. So I'm not saying nuttin. :twisted:

On the way back we stopped in downtown Zephyrhills and looked at the military vehicle for sale. It said PUTZ on the hood. Is this a UNIMOG of some sort?

dc3coyote

Michael you were a little farther north from where we were...I let the hunters have that spot. I have put some weight on that bridge, no MVs just a trailer.
The good campsite is right there however.

dc3coyote

I will be taking both of mine to a shop tomorrow to get them rebuilt. I took no pics. Infact I left my camera at home. Let me know if you know of a good starter shop.

bubba_got_you

found some more

Attachments

bubba_got_you

and more

Attachments

sak00

Whew! We made it home under our own power. We cut out about 5:00PM as the jeep was running rough. Figured if we could make it home we were lucky. Cleaned everything up and re water tighted everything so I am ready the next time. Poor dis. cap still had water in it this morning. She was just a bit water logged. Richloam won this time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks