• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2055.jpgDSCF2056.jpgDSCF2057.jpg I spent the afternoon today replacing the Wire Harness Retainer Bulkhead Grommet. The rubber coating had disintegrated off the old one and the wiring harness was riding on bare metal. I was able to scrounge up a new one, and with new hardware it went together pretty easy. I have a new grommet ordered from NAPA to replace the dry rotted grommet for the air cleaner vacuum line just outboard of the wire harness. After 11 years of owning this Deuce, outside of regular maintenance, this detail work is pretty much what I spend the majority of my time on.

rustystud

View attachment 738016View attachment 738017View attachment 738018 I spent the afternoon today replacing the Wire Harness Retainer Bulkhead Grommet. The rubber coating had disintegrated off the old one and the wiring harness was riding on bare metal. I was able to scrounge up a new one, and with new hardware it went together pretty easy. I have a new grommet ordered from NAPA to replace the dry rotted grommet for the air cleaner vacuum line just outboard of the wire harness. After 11 years of owning this Deuce, outside of regular maintenance, this detail work is pretty much what I spend the majority of my time on.
It's surprising (considering the "minimalistic" attitude of the military) how many little things there are that need attention.
Little grommets here, little valves there. Strange little things that no ones even knows what there for ! All rotting or rusting and needing attention now.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's surprising (considering the "minimalistic" attitude of the military) how many little things there are that need attention.
Little grommets here, little valves there. Strange little things that no ones even knows what there for ! All rotting or rusting and needing attention now.
You hit it on the head Rusty. Tomorrow, I have to replace one of the connectors to my fuel gauge. When I hit a bump or wiggle the wire by hand the fuel gauge bounces back and forth. Drives ya nuts.

77 AMG

I stated digging out and sorting through a trashcan of taillights that I had forgotten about that I have had for about 12-15 years. Found it in the barn today looking for an old set of bumper "Rookie Bars" that I have somewhere.... Oh, and a "I bought a moneypit" picture of me and "El Duece".

Attachments

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hacked out some transmission alignment pins for my upcoming clutch,trans, etc., work. Got the idea from a post RustyStud made in a transmission thread here somewhere. 3/8 x 3-1/4 steel rods, tapered and slotted for a screwdriver on one end, threaded 3/8-16 on the other end.
IMG_20180820_132046663.jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Well, just dropped the Deuce back into storage after having it at home for about 3-4 days,....

Was meant to do its first service but the day I got it the weather here changed,.. got so #$*@ing cold,...

I did get to change out the coolant though at least, the reason I didn't get any further was it SNOWED for a couple of days,...

Anyway I have planned to get my Deuce out again in a week to do all the oil changes,....

Sometimes the plan dose'nt quite come together,...

sigh,....

Aussie.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,.....
Well, just dropped the Deuce back into storage after having it at home for about 3-4 days,....
Was meant to do its first service but the day I got it the weather here changed,.. got so #$*@ing cold,...
I did get to change out the coolant though at least, the reason I didn't get any further was it SNOWED for a couple of days,...
Anyway I have planned to get my Deuce out again in a week to do all the oil changes,....
Sometimes the plan dose'nt quite come together,...
sigh,....
Aussie.
Snow?! I never saw snow when I lived Down Under. I guess you must be very far from where I was in Woomera, SA.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20180826_150408.jpgIMG_20180826_150426.jpgIMG_20180826_150617.jpg

I ordered new data plates from Big Mikes MotorPool. The only problem is that they are a bit bigger than my old ones (see last picture) and not having a drill press made it interesting to tap the holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks