• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Cruceno

Hey Steve, are you just putting in a drivers seat? I just picked up a pair of Bostroms last week. The drivers side went it great (with a short spacer) but the one for the passenger side is way too tall. Going to have to engineer something to keep my passenger from hitting their head. LWS mount mayhaps??

On topic -- Looks like I'll be replacing my alternator this week. Mine fried and arc'd everywhere. I'm putting in a civilian version 24v 70amp.

fried alt.jpg

machinist75

In post #791 I removed the muffler and ran a straight pipe, I but too loud. Bought this muffler from a distributor i cant remember for about $65 and went to a buddies house and he welded it up for me. Much better.

Attachments

Last edited:

MtnSnow

My googleize is weak as I'm not finding a thread on what is done to add a second starter system to get around the box....Do you have a link you can share?

TacticalDoc

My googleize is weak as I'm not finding a thread on what is done to add a second starter system to get around the box....Do you have a link you can share?
Was having problems with my truck not starting from time to time. It usually happens after I try to start it multiple times. The first few times it starts right up. but after I drive it and repeatedly turn it on and off there comes a point where it will not start. So, I installed a second starter switch the bypasses the control box. It's the same exact momentary switch next to the starter switch.

lavarok

Was having problems with my truck not starting from time to time. It usually happens after I try to start it multiple times. The first few times it starts right up. but after I drive it and repeatedly turn it on and off there comes a point where it will not start. So, I installed a second starter switch the bypasses the control box. It's the same exact momentary switch next to the starter switch.
When you say truck doesn't start, do you mean crank with no start or no starter cranking at all? I'm trying to understand what your switch and bypass accomplishes. There are times my M923A2 will crank and not start; however, with a little extra power via a slave cable and cucv, it starts fine. Cranking speed without the slave cable attached does not seem to be the issue.

TacticalDoc

When you say truck doesn't start, do you mean crank with no start or no starter cranking at all? I'm trying to understand what your switch and bypass accomplishes. There are times my M923A2 will crank and not start; however, with a little extra power via a slave cable and cucv, it starts fine. Cranking speed without the slave cable attached does not seem to be the issue.
Doesn't crank is if no electricity is getting to the solenoid. Batteries are all good and fully charged/maintained. Next time it happens I'll check the connection at the coil with my Fluke Voltmeter to see if its getting electricity. If it isn't it has to be the control box.

machinist75

Finally got around to installing my NOS cargo cover. All the super rope was shot, ordered new from McMaster Carr . Man that thing was a tight fit. Hopefully the warmer weather will relax it a little. Also installed my fender mount bracket, still need to repaint it along with the sugar scoop. At least got the holes drilled, better to do fit it then paint. I have more of these brackets in the classifieds if anyone needs any :). I tied it off the drivers blinker guard, if anyone has a better place to tie it off let me know. Got all that done to attend a charity car show and take home a plaque.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks