• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXTAC

Did the glow plug module bypass today. About a week ago the fast idle stopped working and Mongo began spewing some white smoke on start-up. Today I bypassed the module and manually held the solenoid to ground while the DW waited for the GP light to go off and it started like a champ. After determining that the module was/is probably bad I installed a momentary switch next to the washer switch and now I am good to go. Now I need to see if the fast idle issue is the fast idle solenoid or the switch?!?!?!?!

Also today, I received my MADE IN THE USA Tenneco shocks from LMC for $98.55 including shipping. They are white right now so they will be scuffed and shot with some Rapco 383 green prior to installation. This should pretty much eliminate the rolling, dipping and pitching I have felt for quite some time!! The stockers are leaking and just SHOT!

Attachments

OL AG '89

firecontrol you got that idea from weekend in front of tube, 2 guys garge or truckU.......!!!!

but still great idea, JUST LABEL IT, so noone else who NEEDs it hasa MIShap!!!LOLrofl

DXTAC

Hmm... the bypass didn't seem to work. I guess I'm off to Napa tomorrow for an ST85 GP relay and go from there?!?! Still starting like crap and smoking. Has anyone actually bought and used a CUCV Glow Plug Controller from CUCV electric yet??? I hope my troubles end at the relay though but was just curious.

rnd-motorsports

got in the 1028 to go to the back of my property to gather a few parts from my truck stash drove out with no problem in two wheel about 3/8 mile :driver: still a little snow in places got back stopped got the parts I needed loaded tools and started to turn around rear tire started to spin thought crap!!!!! aua put in 4 wheel well guess what too late back was already there spun threw grass get the picture front joined really fast :doh:well got my exercise back to the house thought my 2500hd would just make for two stuck 10 ply tires suck in the mud so drug the 66 gmc out of storage and went into house to get wife she heard the 66 start and before I said anything she said you got stuck didn't you :oops: got in to 66 put in 4 wheel drove back hooked up snatch strap wife got into 1028 a small tug and we drove back to the house [thumbzup] now I got to wash two trucks!!

QuickSilver

Added a new seat cover, dash pad, arm rests, window gaskets, painted door panels, herculined the floor, semi "hidden" stereo with two accessory outlets, Yamaha indoor/outdoor speakers, and new 33" BFG MTs on '05 Chevy wheels.
Looks good man! What did you use to color the door panels?

McCluskey

I got a new wing wing lock kit to repair my broken driver side one. The new roll pin that provided was oversized and I tapped a little too hard and shattered the window. Went and picked up a new tinted one from my local shop and got it installed. The OEM black rubber coated handle was scratched to **** from my damage so I sanded and painted the new Chrome one in a matched matte Tan. Looks pretty good, I'll pic later.

Jerchambers

Ok So just a few more things to add... I have replaced my rear window crank, mounted a 5 Litre fuel tank in the rear, jimmy rigged a wing nut for the spare using misc parts from the hard ware store. I also have a new center console and a power inverter I plan on plugging accessories in. I added a couple of exterior pictures for fun. Enjoy.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.