• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

ramdough

I Also started to mock up a huge center console.... working on getting the curves on the side panels just right. I left them long in the rear because I'm not exactly sure if I'll put in the third seat, and if I do, where I'd need to chop off the console.

View attachment 883600
Can’t wait to see it. Be sure to leave vents so your AC can draw air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guruman

Not so new member
Can’t wait to see it. Be sure to leave vents so your AC can draw air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have not crossed that bridge just yet..... not sure if I want the console all the way forward against the HVAC, but I'm leaning that way as it would help quiet the fan noise by acting as a baffle. Plus it would make the interior storage options pretty cavernous.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Finished up this M1085A1 today. After a power wash two LED marker lights decided to take a vacation. Never 100% done with a truck in this hobby! :p
View attachment 883641
Well, at least it isn't just me that it happens to.

I have gone out before with one replacement bulb and fixed a problem. Then with the lights on, truck idling (warming up) for a run around the block - and I come back and a different bulb is out.

I think these trucks just need some attention. Kinda like a dog that needs a few more pats on the head before they feel good. :)

Good looking truck!

Guruman

Not so new member
Definitely want to hear more.
The blue devices are "Shelly Cloud" "Shelly One" smart relays... they will let me remote control any circuit in. the truck.

The two white relays in the top right are time-delay relays... I plan to use them to delay headlight dome and curtesy lighting for convenience.

The two black relays in the top left are standard-ish relays. I intend to use them to tap into the 24v switched power to get me several useable circuits of 12v switched power.

The DIN rails and lever-lock terminals is just a way to get everything organized and connected.

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed the winter radiator cover. Not too bad, would have been nice to have a second set of hands. I’ve now taken a couple of drives, she warms up quickly! Even had the fan turn on after a 40 minute or so drive. Currently wx is in the 40’s.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove to Herlong and picked up my new to me, never issued cargo cover kit. Tried to get it installed when we got home, but too dark for pictures. I will post some tomorrow
So the burning question now is this. Do I try and find someone with a tan top who needs a camo top and trade? Or do I paint the truck to match the top?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks