• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Amsoil grease I use is a calcium sulfonate complex rather than a lithium complex. The calcium sulfonate has a dropping point of 315 degrees vs the lithium complex of 260 degrees. It also has greater shear stability, better water resistance, and higher pressure protection. It's better in every way actually - the only way lithium is better is cost - it's half the price. But you can do all the wheel bearings with a single $12 tube of Amsoil so there's really zero reason to use the inferior lithium complex grease - well there's 6 reasons I guess. And all six of those won't satisfy you at McDonalds.

NLGI grade is just a measurement of thickness. The Amsoil waterproof grease is also NLGI #2.
I have an account so easily purchased. I need one of those sandwich packers too. The hoe needs regrease every 25-50 hours, 32 zerks, same with the track loader but only 20 on that. So I go thru a 5 gallon lithium grease bucket fast with the pressure pump.

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When packing our 4x4 vehicles we use this small pail from NAPA:

IMG_3770.jpeg

I didn't even think about a MilSpec, just grabbed another pail off the shelf.

Specs
"Aluminum Complex, NLGI #2 Grease, Water Resistant, Superior Rust & Corrosion Protection, Typical Drop Point 470 Deg F"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks