• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Ronmar

Any concerns about welding weakening the frame? This is a common thing people bring up, but from drilling holes it doesn't seem like the frame is a really high tensile steel.
I am NOT welding on the main chassis frame. I have disconnected the upper 6” secondary frame rail huck bolt joiner plates from the main 8-3/4 chassis frame rail(plates still attached to upper frame will serve as alignment guides). I am converting that upper rail into the floor structure for my habitat build. It will be attached/bolted at the front via a diamond truss where the front crane lift was formerly attached and use captured hydraulic ”springs“ in the rear. I have no concerns whatsoever welding to the new floor frame:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks