• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just regular house paint? What's the prep and application techinque? Has anyone used satin or gloss as well?
Yes on satin and gloss. Use the Behr Marquee or Ultra due to the higher UV resistance and stain resistance (bird poop and stuff). I always grind rough areas, rust primer spots as needed, power wash then degrease, and rinse again. Past that paint when the weather is nice and don't touch it for 72 hours minimum (I leave it for a week).

Attachments

sgtspannky

Put a new windshield in ours, was shattered when we picked it up from drmo. Bought windshield out of Texas, with freight to SC and a local glass company to install was about $800 total.

Just replaced the middle seat with an OEM new one...also from drmo.

But I need a bed stake. Having a really hard time finding one. Anyone know where to get one or have one they want to part with??
B96D4797-C346-4C5F-8F57-B6A1FD5F8890.jpeg

Third From Texas

Put a new windshield in ours, was shattered when we picked it up from drmo. Bought windshield out of Texas, with freight to SC and a local glass company to install was about $800 total.

But I need a bed stake. Having a really hard time finding one. Anyone know where to get one or have one they want to part with??
View attachment 798325
Are you on FB?

There's a FB group named "lmtv mtv military trucks" and folks trade/buy/sell/play forward stuff all the time.

Lots of folks with parts trucks.

Bed hardware is so common and slow to move and takes up tons of space, so it's often scrapped.

Someone on there can hook you up...

MrMikey4026

But I need a bed stake. Having a really hard time finding one. Anyone know where to get one or have one they wan

View attachment 798325
Contact Martin at fmtvsales.com

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got deep into it the past few days and swapped a C7 from this M1078A1R. The original engine was locked up tight with so few miles on it and no explanation of why after disassembly. I did the typical "pull injectors and fill with penetrating oil and time" trick, pulled ALL accessory drives from starter to fan clutch, and even suspected locked torque converter when it wouldn't move but no..stuck solid. Oil was filtered showing no metal or contamination. I'm suspecting manufacturer error until I confirm it with a machine shop. The CAT tech in assistance couldn't pinpoint the fault either.

She is alive and well now! Pushing out 370 hp and runs so smooooth. I'm probably on a very short list of civi's to swap an engine on an A1R and it wasn't that bad. It has just a few more wires and hoses than your 3116.

Attachments

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the airbags back in production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if they are in active production but talk to Jeff. He may have a pair in stock and if not can order and drop ship. The lead time to him was a little long from Power Packer but I was impressed with his customer service:

Jeff Fitzgerald
Assistant Parts Manager
Office: (405) 917-4423|Fax: (405) 948-1859

5100 W. Reno Avenue

Oklahoma City, OK 73127

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced my primary fuel filter to engine fuel line. Was told to make sure it was diesel rated fuel line so drove to Ocala. Nice day for a 30 mile drive.

Roceye

Today I installed the high pressure transducer in my CTIS system (98 M1083) to raise my tire pressures to 80 psi. This in fact did raise the pressures to 80psi and also changed my perfecting functioning CTIS into a not perfectly functioning CTIS. While driving , first I got a flashing "run flat" light, then four flashing lights. I found with the engine running both rear quick dump valves are venting a little and one of the valves near the trans (I think) is whistling/screaming. With the engine off all the leaking/noise stopped. It's dark now so I'll look at it later. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"- words I seldom live by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks