Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!
Thanks Maverick. I have a good friend with a pointless conversion on his 56 Studebaker Champion. Works good. I had never heard of the pointless conversion for the M38A1. It came with a new distributor cap and rotor, and the coil looks new as well. The shaft in my current distributor wiggles around a bit so I may pull it out and go with the pointless distributor.that pointless system is NICE. It's an upgrade I'm going to do on mine once I get it running right. They are dead reliable from all the reviews I see online.
yes sir, those are the sections of insulation. They are sandwiched between the building framing and the outer skin. I wanted some kind of insulation to help keep out some heat in the summer and keep in heat in the winter.That shop is looking real sharp, for sure, Maverick1701!
What are the wall panels (with the loose film) shown on that inside shot of the shop, are those insulated panels of some kind?
.yes sir, those are the sections of insulation. They are sandwiched between the building framing and the outer skin. I wanted some kind of insulation to help keep out some heat in the summer and keep in heat in the winter.
Over the weekend the family went to a local car show here in Lubbock, TX. I spotted a beautifully restored half-track, and a few vintage willys jeeps (blue 1946, red 1947 CJ2a). The red jeep still had a working rear PTO setup. However, the front pto winch was just bolted to the front bumper with no PTO hook-ups. It wasn't functional, strictly for looks. I was disappointed as I have the same winch sitting in my shop and wanted to see how he had it mounted (had if been mounted in a way it could have worked)
I also scored a nice radio control unit from an antique store....paid $30.
View attachment 873314
View attachment 873313
View attachment 873312
View attachment 873316
View attachment 873315
.Been working on refreshing the wiring on the C over the last few days. It was a rats nest of hacked wires, crumbling insulation and just outright broken wires. So, I finally ordered some wire and Packard connectors (I know, not the correct style) to start the process.
A PO had put in a pull style light switch, took that out, had to get a new light switch since the current one was not working, as was the main power switch. Made a jumper to see if I even had power to the lighting circuits, and then found out there wasn't even a switch on the master cylinder for the brakes! View attachment 875410
I started in the engine bay and ripped out a bunch of the old wiring after identifying which line was which (that's called thinking ahead lol) and grafting new wire onto the headlight connectors and b/o lights. Ran the length, put new Packards on and taped everything up once they were all cleaned up. View attachment 875411View attachment 875412View attachment 875413View attachment 875414View attachment 875415
I used the pretty, expandable mesh loom on the 53, it almost looks like old fabric loom lol and I like it better than tape..
Yeah... Some "wire loom" will make your wiring job appear a lot more factory than tape and you will say a lot less bad words if you ever need to work on the wiring in the future.
SummitRacing.com is a good source to buy the cloth wire loom.
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!