• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's Your License Plate?

86k10

Thank god for our police and military. The thin blue and green lines that save us from ever being a "police state..."
What thin line, there is no line anymore. The Bush regime took care of that by eliminating posse comitatus. So yes we can and have become a police state thanks to government sponsored terrorism called 9/11. And i feel sorry for our military having to serve a government who trained and funded Al CIA queda. They have no intention of catching their main operative. It's a staged event and it would be nice if the American people would wake up to that fact. At least some of our local military boys here have.

Sgt Hulka

I think this is probably not the right forum to pursue this issue and I apologize for even responding off-topic. I will close by reiterating I have COMPLETE faith in our military to defend the United States and our Constitution and its underlying principles. I also have no doubt whatsoever they will either capture or kill Osama bin Laden or continue to make the rest of his natural life a living hades -- as they have demonstrably done already. Back to CUCVs!!!!

AJMBLAZER

What thin line, there is no line anymore. The Bush regime took care of that by eliminating posse comitatus. So yes we can and have become a police state thanks to government sponsored terrorism called 9/11. And i feel sorry for our military having to serve a government who trained and funded Al CIA queda. They have no intention of catching their main operative. It's a staged event and it would be nice if the American people would wake up to that fact. At least some of our local military boys here have.
WTF does this have to do with license plate mountings?

Take your thread hijacking elsewhere please.

Unsubscribing.:roll:

Matt65

I'm about to put the pintle back on. My tag will be going to the back window of the cab hanging from two suction cups with hooks on them.

Matt65

I'm sure it varies from state to state. I haven't been able to find a lot of detail on laws regarding proper tag display for Alabama. I have not found a requirement for tag lighting for my state.

OL AG '89

Can someone fill me in on the "no plate in TX" thing? I keep hearing this, but haven't found the referenced statute, can someone forward me the link to the statute?

saddamsnightmare

February 15th, 2010.

OL AG '89:

The pertinent information is on Olive Drab.com, aother military vehicle and equipment collectors site, but the pertinent sections of the Texas Code are as follows:

Texas Transportation Code:

Section 502.275 Requirement to display registration
502.275k: Former military vehicle not required to display license
502.275i: Shall allow use of unique identification markings (Military hood
or bumper numbers.
502.275m: Military markings must conform to military markings style, includes
trailers.
NB: Code 502.275 repealed in 2003, replaced with 504.502 retains special treatment of former military vehicles.
548.051 requires vehicles operated in Texas to have current inspection,
BUT 548.052 Exempts former military vehicles as defined above.

You may have to go to a regional office to get the correct registration through, as the local courthouse ladies do not seem to know the law as applied to former military vehicles.
My 1963 Swiss MB S404.114 Cargo Unimog caused a fit there (at the courthouse) and because I did not know the Texas code then, I have to have plates on her, The M35A2 caused similar problems for same reason, and after I found out about the above code, they would not change the plates and registration. So get it right the first time.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D

N.B. Moderators: What's with the rant by 86K10 above? I believe that falls under the political speech ban, does it not?

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

OL AG '89

thanks nightmare...... I will use the info you provided if ever stopped. I looked out on olivedrab and didn't find any detail about this.......
One of my MV's is in Annona....... maybe this summer we can give Paris a little treat and provide some MV's for the 4th parade.... I also am trying to get Clarksville in on me driving in one of their parades....... just wanna drive slow.....

BiggsChevys

8ft of 1/8x1/2" flat stock and a few inches of 1/8x3/4"...

rear bracket utilizes the lower bolt on the tail gate hinge....

Attachments

I haven't read all the post on this thread, mainly since it is now something like "War and Peace", but I took out the brackets that would be used for holding the business end of the M16 rifles they sometimes carry around in the back corners of the cabs, then made a bracket with 2 holes that lined up with the threaded holes where those brackets were, and bolted my plate to that. I live in Alabama, so if there are no factory plate lights, you don't need them. It would be fairly simple to place a small light at the bottom of the plate in this location if you were required to illuminate it.

Shop Rat Fab

I mounted mine where Joe had it mounted, on the tailgate, GL must have broken it off when they got the vehicle ready to sell and threw it in the back of the truck. I used the same bolts to mount the plate I just added a light from a trailer place and drilled holes to run wires to the light through the tailgate.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

April 18th, 2010.

OL AG '89:

The section on the Texas code used to be on Olive Drab under vehicle registration or some such. I carry copies of the codes in my truck cabs, but so far, having been to OK and TX, none of the cops have bothered me due to the truck plates and license sticker in cab window. NO inspection sticker there, though, and I have yet to be bothered by the PD when travelling. How far is Kingwood, TX from Paris (I ought to look this up on Google Maps, you know)? If you are up by with a militray vehicle, look for mine at 6655 Pine Mill Road in Reno, TX, (Close to Paris on US 82 E) generally if they are both there, I'm around. Paris does a really good July 4th Parade, and also a Christmas Parade the first weekend in December. Red River Valley MVPA usually makes the 4th of July, with interesting vehicles.
Also if you need a good deuce mechanic, Weemes Towing on 82 in Clarksville, TX does really good work on the deuce reasonable. Mr. Weemes was a deuce mechanic in "Nam and really loves the M35A2 series trucks....

Have a dry Sunday if you can.....:jumpin:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks