• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first A3 on GL today

91W350

Glad to hear that Steve, we have some good members in the Topeka area, I can run up there and move it for you, or one of them can pick it up and put it in safe holding until you are sure it is ready to roll. I could bring it back here, but that would just add 220 more miles to your adventure. I sure wish we would have towed it here to start with. I am glad though that I was not the one to find a smoked transmission. In the back of your mind, you would always wonder if I had done something to it. Glen

phil2968

Steve, you drove this into the shop? How can they not replace the " lost" torque converter! You drove it in there!
I hate for you man! Hope you get it home!

phil2968

Steve, you drove this into the shop? How can they not replace the " lost" torque converter! You drove it in there!

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe, the torque converter went to dayton rebuilder and laied on a shelf till i called, i would say it converter will be ready monday is why the truck would finished on wednesday - 3 weeks ?!?!

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what is the latest
This coming tuesday will be 3 weeks when the truck was droped off, was told to call on tuesday, maybe done wednesday????????? I have heard this before. I just hope the price of $3,600.00 for the trans. does not change. There are so many ways this deal can go bad before i can drive it home.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I call kansas powertrain tommrow 10-3-11, this past friday was the third date of compeltion he has not met. Witch makes it a month now. They should have it mid week, hope to pick it up the this coming weekend.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the word today my truck is ready for pickup, have asked several times for the invoice to be faxed to me, was told it would be, no show. Do not know what the total is? One full month - WOW.

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good freind let me borrow his small pickup, one he pulls behind his motor home. I made a tow bar for it to work with the hitch on the 2 1/2 ton. I just finished a 24v light bar to be placed on the rear of the little pickup in tow. I have full insurance on the truck and today i got the permant tag for it so i will be ready.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have received my bill on this trans, rebuild trans. and torque converter $2,500.00, remove and install $800.00, oil 15-40w $100.00, change oil in T case $308.00, filters 13.00 ect. subtotal $3,726.14 with tax $4,059.63. What a ride. Leave wedensday eve, get there tursday eve, get a room pick it up friday mid morning and drive home, wish me luck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks