• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the Deuce

Flyingvan911

I recently redid my windshields. They were pretty rusted along the bottom. Especially on the inside under the glass. I wire brushed them down and applied POR15. Then a few coats of rapco 383. The old carc was hanging on strong so I just painted over it.

Heavysteven

Ok, got the other zippered boot on. It went well had my brother law helping.

Best advice I have is to put the clamp on a little loose and slid the boot on. Then work the boot lip under the clamp with a flat head screw driver.

After that played with the wiper. Cleaned the old one thought I had it working. Put it back on if of course stopped. This wiper has been a pain in the rear.

Z71

Let me know what you think of the zippered boot. Both of my front ones are shot, and I'm debating on zippered or silicon.
I installed a set of new zippered boots on my deuce about 4 years ago and they are already falling apart. Poor quality it seems. I am installing another zippered set only because I do not feel like tearing the knuckles apart right now.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a set of new zippered boots on my deuce about 4 years ago and they are already falling apart. Poor quality it seems. I am installing another zippered set only because I do not feel like tearing the knuckles apart right now.
How long do the non zippered boots usually last?

Heavysteven

Changed the play on the brake pedal to 1 1/2". Also, gasket came in for tank pump. I pulled the pump out and will repaint/install tomorrow.

Still have to fix the wiper motor, check the coolant, and grease the new boots.

Heavysteven

Gasket was the wrong size for the pump. I will call Tom at CSI Tuesday. Top of the pump still needs to be painted. Going to pull the tank once I burn all the fuel up.

Moving on again, decided I will paint the interior of the cab. The spots of tan and rear half being OD Green is bothering me. I pull every off data plates, controls, etc.... Only bad part is I had to remove the decals which means I am out $$$$ and will have to ready order them. Had to many any way. Going to start taping tomorrow.

Attachments