• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

Vintage iron

Yes, the amount of torque produced by a 5 ton will turn traditional locking hubs into a 3D gigsaw puzzle. I decided on having a desplined set of hubs for on road and stock hubs for off- road and snow.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I called Gearhart just now. He's actually got a prototype in the works. His hanging point right now was with the springs. But he thinks he's found a source for them that aren't as costly. I know it's been talked about for a while in this thread. But he said he hoped to have the working prototype in a month to six weeks and possibly update/price it on his website then.

profo

If Gearhart doesn't come up with something within a few months I would like to give someone $1000 for one used 5 ton lockout I can have this done I have a friend who owns a small foundry and I have access to a few 5 axis CNC machines. I would prefer a Warn unit as the sample, and once complete I will give the original lockout back and the person who gave it to me will receive two samples (one set) and be able to keep the cash when it's all done. I am serious and think I could have it done within 6 months.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone had a chance to try Gearharts locker? I see they have it listed on their site. Maybe a group buy could get the price down a little?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone had a chance to try Gearharts locker? I see they have it listed on their site. Maybe a group buy could get the price down a little?
Very doubtful they'll be any wiggle room on the price. Locked marine truck axles go for what his lockers go for each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks