• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

deuceaid

Banned
It sounds like we are having a BBQ. Do we know if they will allow that where we will be parked (could be next to a fuel depot for all I know). And if we are, maybe we should make a list of who is bringing what so we don't end up with hot dogs and burger buns....not that we couldn't make that work.

Bad_Carp,,, you sound like a new recruit.......:eek:.......

on a serious note,,, we may have to do all the burning in the 109....no charecoal, NOOO SMOKE>>>>

ever had an open flame and coals sitting under a fire lookout tower in a forest,,,,, I Have!!!! or do I need to brig a generator to power the microwave?

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad_Carp,,, you sound like a new recruit.......:eek:.......

on a serious note,,, we may have to do all the burning in the 109....no charecoal, NOOO SMOKE>>>>

ever had an open flame and coals sitting under a fire lookout tower in a forest,,,,, I Have!!!! or do I need to brig a generator to power the microwave?
I'm fine with cooking on top of a fuel tank, just figured the airport might not be.

The 109 has a gen to run the microwave. I also have a flat grill top that can go over the stove burners if anyone wants to cook burgers or dogs. And if needed we can always fall back to the 24V MRE heater [thumbzup]

Barneyszoo

Ok, so for we have burgers, dogs, buns, and condiments. If anyone wants to bring things like paper plates, napkins, chips, sodas, or anything that will go with the theam. Please post up or send me a PM so we can get these things covered. Thanks. This is going to be a great time, I have a friend that is a stunt pilot and he is going to do his routien, it is something to see.

armytruck63

"Jason,
I thought Jim (theRecorder) was going to the airport directly from home since going on the convoy added a lot of distance for him."

I am planning on meeting at the "second rendezvous check point - MV….Moreno Valley" with the M35 with the PRC-77 mounted, up and running on 51.00 mhz. CS D69 - Delta 69. The drive to this location is about the same as straight to the show. I would rather drive twice as far, for twice the fun.

I will have a fixed mounted video camera on the Deuce for the convoy. Just for fun.
Jim, glad you'll be joining the convoy. The fixed video camera on the deuce sounds cool. I'll see if I can shoot some video or at least get some stills from the first part of the convoy.

deuceaid

Banned
SO Far......this list is getting long..BUT..

Gottlos................. M1009.. CB. Flashy lights...Rear Guard........ Moreno convoy

Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB...................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy

BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..........Chips dip?. other fuel...Moreno convoy

BarneysZoo.......... M35.......... ?..........Grill + Fuel+ Meat.......... Moreno convoy

Met1 .....................M35...........soft-hot-fluffy buns(lol).....(lol).... Moreno convoy

Deuceaid...... M35... CBs...,condoments...spare tires...jokes.... yucaipa-moreno

convoy
..............KEEP Me informed, so I can maintain a good list for the newbys!..(myself included)

Mentone Jim......WC1...CB........LEAD OF ALL CONVOYS!!!................
yucaipa-moreno convoy

The Recorder........ M35? ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77.........................moreno convoy

................................non-convoy...............................

MVPA1....................M38a1.................... ....................................?

.............................KP...Duty...............................
Barneyszoo.......
Met1..................
Bad_Carp..........
deuceaid...........
others...............

...............Photographic unit, event recording...........................

TheRecorder.....................still, video............
Others..........................................................

Last edited:

Barneyszoo

Gottlos................. M1009.. CB. Flashy lights...Rear Guard........ Moreno convoy

Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB...................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy

BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..........Chips dip?. other fuel...Moreno convoy

BarneysZoo.......... M35.......... ?..........Grill + Fuel+ Meat.......... Moreno convoy

Met1 .....................M35...........soft-hot-fluffy buns(lol).....(lol).... Moreno convoy

Deuceaid...... M35... CBs...,condoments...spare tires...jokes.... yucaipa-moreno convoy

Mentone Jim......WC1...CB........LEAD OF ALL CONVOYS!!!................yucaipa-moreno convoy

The Recorder........ M35? ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77.........................moreno convoy

MVPA1....................M38a1.................... ....................................?

.............................KP...Duty...............................
Barneyszoo.......
Met1..................
Bad_Carp..........
deuceaid...........
others...............

Others..........................................................
looks good but I'll be crashing in the 813, Please update. hahaha,lol

armytruck63

I received the "vendor parking" passes in the mail from Kylia yesterday. I really don't know how important these passes are, but we should have one each in case of any problems. I will pass them out to the convoy members.

TheRecorder

Hey Matt and or anyone coordinating the meet,

I may have missed this in previous posts,
can you use an image like this one and pin point exactly where we will be meeting in Moreno Valley. It might help with the timing so nobody gets lost or left behind.

Attachments

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I expect you'll find me pretty close to the Jack in the Crack with some type of breakfast sandwich sticking outta my face. That pin is pretty close.

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
OK..... Ran part of the route today.... Road Closed on Yucaipa convoy route. I ran a back up route, it took 20 miles, about 40 minutes. Just spoke with Armytruck63 we will take the new route...He is makig changes to maps..

The best place to turn in at the Moreno Valley stop is near the Chevron gas station, make a left, then another left puts you on a path to Jack in the Box, veer right, lots of parking.

Bad_Carp`s picture is right on the spot.

BarneysZoo.......... M813.......... ?..........Grill + Fuel+ Meat.......... Moreno convoy

Met1 .....................M35.......................... buns......................... Moreno convoy

Deuceaid...... M35... CBs...,condoments...spare tires................. yucaipa-moreno convoy

Mentone Jim......WC1...CB........LEAD OF ALL CONVOYS!!!................yucaipa-moreno convoy

.............................KP...Duty............ ...................
Barneyszoo.......
Met1..................
Bad_Carp..........
deuceaid...........
others...............

Others............................................ ..............

Attachments

deuceaid

Banned
Hey Bad_Carp , just by chance if you have the plug (electrical connector) that goes on an M105 trailer....I do need one of those, trade for spare tire?