• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
two little spring clips, those were spares--removed all of that for lower power consumption lights
I'm guessing some kinda 12/24vdc bulbs? If you come across good, low wattage (~1w), 110vac, red led bulbs that fit conventional lightbulb sockets, please let me know.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remote control LED, 3 light intensity.

A little teaser on the H of HVAC, Diesel Fired Air Heater with Exhaust scavange interheater for water warming (prevent freezing of water system) by circulating water through the intercooler/heater

And for those times, solar is not enough, got a 7000 watt GEN set, but prefer not to use, Coupled with my JHAA/C6V1 6000 BTU VERT AC/HEAT (GEN SET RUN ONLY)

A propane fired hot water heater, for those days you just need a hot shower:)

GLAMPING:

Hunt camp is going to rock this year, I hope

Third From Texas

Man, I will tell you, that antiskid is @#$%^& painfull to get off aluminum. I even resorted to chemical stripper. Halfway done
Oh yeah it is. As much fun as the 6" Velcro that was glued all over my cab and skirted my M1079 box.

Here are some of the things that I've used with varying results:

JD4044M

Great Read on your blog my M1078 is a 95 not a 98 found out today. After reading all this I hope mine is as clean as 2800 miles should be? I will start a tread like you did to record the progress. I put yours in Favorites. Mark

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made some more progress..inside is painted and the floor is down. Think Pentagon aka the better half did an outstanding job picking the tiles out..cheap plug but important
20200831_194855.jpg20200831_195103.jpg
20200831_194745.jpg

Last edited:

JD4044M

Kind of hard to work with all that stuff in there isn't it? I like the panel and tons of plugs! Are the M1078 Tool Boxes on the bed very long? Like to stash my 4 ft - 600 ft lb Torque Bar in one with some other long things. Still collecting up tools.

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. It was..I just did it sections..then shifted rinse repeat..

The box is going to get a sand and repaint..then camouflage. I made another fold out box.

Solar is going in next..and starting to plan out the rest..

diesel heater with scavenged exhaust water warmer..keep things from freezing. Shower..sleeping and kitchen . Water tank..propane stove oven.

They are the width of the bed

JD4044M

Great on the tool boxes I have stuff to go in them then! Your build has got me thinking of building a cab height Camper Shell for mine. We get winter snow and it would be nice to keep the bed clear of it. I like your heating ideas to bad you could not have a fold up shower floor to give you back some of the lost room. Thanks! Mark

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks