• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you considered using the original bed, with a strip cut out and welded back together? Several people have done that and it looks a lot sleeker and classier than the trailer bed. I have seen one that was a shortened drop side bed, so you get the best of all worlds - even a flatbed, if you need one.

aheilmann68

Personally i like the look of the original bed plus there is no reason to extend the drive shaft if you do not want to like you would having to match up wheels and wheelwells using a 105. Here is a shot of what i did, took about 4 hrs to cut it and re-weld it

IMG_20120630_170627.jpgIMG_20120808_181828 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

I have been slowly getting my truck done gotta get my drive shaft from the shop and find a bed I thought about a cucv tool bed an m103a3 shop bed but still up in the air with ideas. I put front deuce springs in the m105a2 bed position and had drive shaft lengthened 5". I have not cut frame yet. So we ll see where this goes and take it from there.

Well things have finally started to come together for me slowly but surely I have got some tools I ll need for doing my brake system overhaul just need 1 more rubber line and the copper nickle line. I got a great deal on 4 new 14.00/20 NATO tires . 140$ each and still need a bed and adpter plates for my wheels. I hope to upgrade to an LDS once I get her done all in do time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks