• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

alphadeltaromeo

Well gents, John Kelly has stepped up to the plate and will be driving his dooly w/trailer, so that will make things ever so easy in comparison with having to worry about driving it back. I appreciate the prayers David...we'll covet them on the trip!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needless to say, the lot of us expect volumes of pictures. Make it happen. John Kelly, thanks for stepping up. Wished I were affiliated with all you fine folk when I got started in this hobby some 20 years ago!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
John Kelly just earned himself a beer at the next Ga. MVPA meeting....

Good man that Kelly

:beer:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Start it Start it get under the thing then start it. I am almost certain from the posts and from experience with dueces that it will start if it has oil and batteries. It will give you confidence in the truck. No better way to get a truck on a trailer than to drive it.

No matter what you do my brother I will be praying for you.

alphadeltaromeo

Ya...I think you're right...plus, nothing like hearin' it bark the first time huh. I believe that both John and I will greatly appreciate the prayers. Much appreciated David!

EZFEED

alphadeltaromeo said:
Agreed! I'll bring the digi cam and take lots 'o pics...well if the base lets me take it on with me right :D
Beauregard is laxed man. You don't even have to sign in or anything and you can bring pretty much whatever you want. I usually carry a fully loaded M-16 and semi MG-42 in the back of my truck and don't even have to remove them when I enter Beauregard (even though it says you have to). I visit there allot and my Civil War unit does allot of stuff there so they've come to expect me packing. I'm NOT reccomending that you do this but I'm just giving it to you as an example.

One of my buddys works in the museum there so if you get a chance stop in and check it out, you will be passing it up when you start down the drive to the back lot behind the prison where the vehicles are parked. His name is Richard Halloway and he's a really nice fellow and happens to be our unit captain. Ask him to show you what they've just pulled out of the woods. They've been coming across wrecked aircraft and have also discovered a junked early M-3 Stuart tank. I'l be helping to do the restoration on that 8)
Anyway, check the museum out! They have some really cool stuff!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:D :driver: :driver: :driver: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [thumbzup] :drool: :beer: :beer: 8) :p

alphadeltaromeo

WOOHOOO!!!

K, home and guess what...new batt's and it fires up and runs real well. Brakes and everything fully functional. Now, we did have probs with no lights working, but once the new batt's were installed, they were all working perfectly. Airshift is a go...it's almost perfect. I'll get some pics and I have a few great vids to put up as well. That will have to be a bit later, as we have a guest staying in the office where the puter is and he's fast asleep. I did take the entire crew around the block...of course without being licensed...and they loved it.

Like I said, a full report and pics later. I'll say this though...John Kelly did an incredible job on the trip...that boy is a stud :p

Andy

tbrenner

RE: Teaser...

Nice looking truck. Looks like it has a recent paint job. I just got my truck home a couple days ago, what a good feeling. So, how is are you going to get that trailer out? Good luck with you truck!