• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different topic, we have the flagpole issue resolved in the true CAMO fashion...tried it out today at the POW/MIA Memorial.

I would post pics but like the knucklehead I am...I left the camera at the compound!!:roll::roll:
I posted earlier that I could bring a 45' flag pole but I will have to borrow it from a friend so if you want to bring one instead, then by all means please do so.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I posted earlier that I could bring a 45' flag pole but I will have to borrow it from a friend so if you want to bring one instead, then by all means please do so.
Thank you Sir but I would hate for you to go out of your way to borrow from your buddy when we have this one already.

This one is already loaded on the truck and was given a workout today.

Thanks again for the offer/effort![thumbzup]:D

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Let me throw this out there for all the early commers. Grandma and i were chating over breakfast this morning about all i need to bring for the week. and she said she could make a large batch of her chicken and dumplings for sunday supper. all i would have to do is heat it up. sound good!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Let me throw this out there for all the early commers. Grandma and i were chating over breakfast this morning about all i need to bring for the week. and she said she could make a large batch of her chicken and dumplings for sunday supper. all i would have to do is heat it up. sound good!
Can I come up and eat Sunday Supper then come back to Columbus til Wednesday??:whistle:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what our comms status is going to be this year but I just bought a little SW radio to use at work. Here are the freq details
AM/FM-stereo and 7 Shortwave bands (49, 41, 31, 25, 22, 19 and 16 meters)

Is it likely that this will receive frequencies that we would be likely to use?

Radio is a Grundig 300 Mini. 300PE.

Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Forgive me guys, but where is this rally being held at and when? I don't know if I can make it this late. I would love to go.
Hey doc,

The rally is October 10-14. If you go to the first post of this thread, you'll find all the information about the rally.

Hope you can make it!

I don't know what our comms status is going to be this year but I just bought a little SW radio to use at work. Here are the freq details
AM/FM-stereo and 7 Shortwave bands (49, 41, 31, 25, 22, 19 and 16 meters)

Is it likely that this will receive frequencies that we would be likely to use?

Radio is a Grundig 300 Mini. 300PE.

Thanks
I was was planning on using my CB radio so I hope there will be some other guys there with CB's. We should go ahead and establish a CB channel to use. I propose channel 20 unless someone else is using that frequency down there.

My buddy caught another one last night. Statesboro really isn't all that far from the rally. Hopefully they don't have a snake problem.
Finally got my friend to send me a pic of the first snake he caught last week. So the three snakes pictured below were all caught near his house this past week. Earlier I said he lived in Statesboro but he actually lives just North of there in Rocky Ford, which is even closer to the rally. Anybody got a Honey Badger they can bring to the rally? By the way, if you haven't seen the Honey Badger video, youtube it for a good laugh. I didn't post the video here as the language is a little too mature.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Forgive me guys, but where is this rally being held at and when? I don't know if I can make it this late. I would love to go.
Post # 1 has ALL the info you will need, it is easier to direct you there then repeat it all here

poppop

I live close to Statesboro and friends of mine have killed several large rattlesnakesin the last Month. My Wife says we now have these large snakes because the Claxton Rattlesnake roundup no longer collects live rattlesnakes for milking purposes. Appears some folk thought it was cruel and inhumane to catch these snakes and confine them.:roll:

I live close to Statesboro and friends of mine have killed several large rattlesnakesin the last Month. My Wife says we now have these large snakes because the Claxton Rattlesnake roundup no longer collects live rattlesnakes for milking purposes. Appears some folk thought it was cruel and inhumane to catch these snakes and confine them.:roll:
Lloyd, my great granddaddy Smith was a huge part of the Rattlesnake Roundup. He passed a few years ago and was the oldest living man in Claxton when he died. Nearly up to the day he died he would drive his old Buick around with a .357 under the seat and a deputy badge from the thirties pinned to his shirt. I believe he had three girlfriends when he died. Anyway, if he knew what had become of the Rattlesnake Roundup, he would probably roll over in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks