• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Phil - Deb and I will be heading out of here as soon as I close the terminal around 11 am Saturday - we should be nearly all loaded minus the cold stuff (frig's will be on in the truck) but it will be the coolers last minute - then head down to DT.

Come and see us for chow after making your rounds seeing what folks have for chow - we will have enough - Food on a Rope :mrgreen:

Figure mid afternoon for getting onto the grounds down there.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil, I am looking forward to your you tube movies from this year. Last year you did a stupendous job...!

Also of note. Remember 2 months ago Dave said he was not going due to bad health..?

Well look at the power of prayer...!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my M35A3 has broken down again. Air pressure problems and I don't have time to fix it. I'll now be bringing my A2 and pulling my M116A2 with MEP-003A genset, but I need to change a front tire first. We'll have plenty of power if needed.

Well, my M35A3 has broken down again. Air pressure problems and I don't have time to fix it. I'll now be bringing my A2 and pulling my M116A2 with MEP-003A genset, but I need to change a front tire first. We'll have plenty of power if needed.
I'm curious, is it related to the CTIS, a wheel seal, a grommet, bad air line, other, or undetermined?

zout

Call the DT office and ask for Donna - she is familar with the paperwork - RON broke her in and brought her up to speed while we were there. She will know how to look at it quick enough and advise you without wasting your time.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Im going to need a little help changing my winch cable at the rally. Can do it my self but its easer with another set of hands.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm curious, is it related to the CTIS, a wheel seal, a grommet, bad air line, other, or undetermined?
No, the CTIS has always functioned perfectly except for one wheel seal I rebuilt along with the hub seal. What happens is that after starting the engine, pressure builds up in the left tank, but does not build up in the right tank. The pressure gauge reads zero and the low pressure buzzer sounds. Power assist steering has no pressure and front axel won't engage. Brakes work fine, however, because the system prioritizes the brakes. The relief valve on top of the left tank keeps purging as the pressure gets too high. I can usually drain the tanks of air and re-charge a couple of times and the system will start operating again. There is a priority valve someplace and I believe that is what is bad.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im going to need a little help changing my winch cable at the rally. Can do it my self but its easer with another set of hands.

I'm pretty sure no one will be around to help you change the cable.

Just kidding. If you still need help by the time we get there I'll help.

sw

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've got about a third of the food purchased, but I've lost track of how I'm getting two trucks and trailers to the Rally. And not everything is loaded yet (actually, none of it).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know if there are any electric hookups still available for the weekend?

I believe all the "spots" with electricity are rented.

However, I am sure someone will let you pull power off their grid. If not, it sounds like several people will be bringing generators.

Blythewoodjoe

Well no one has an excuse not to have a truck to drive. My father-in-law just called me and he wants to sell the M35A2 I "gave" him a year ago. It's really nice and rally ready. Of course it would have to be bought.

My M813 will be sitting this one out. I will be in my M886 instead. Too little time to prep the 5 ton and the dodge is sitting in the yard looking all sad. See you guys next week, Joe.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am outta here. Next stop Durhamtown off road park. got the food, clothes and stuff loaded, and even made a sign so everybody knows who I am.
Phil, Adam and I are have grilled chicken, marinated in Itlaian dressing Saturday night. Stop on by, we should have enough.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Junky m35a3's...... Just kidding. Sorry your having issues. aua
Well, I've now repaired my A3 (kinda). I banged the you know what out of the priority valve and it finally released. All it took was a bigger hammer. I will now be bringing my A3 to the rally. Actually, I was kind of looking forward to driving the A2 as it is much safer to drive on the expressway with the higher top speed.

Attachments

Well, I've now repaired my A3 (kinda). I banged the you know what out of the priority valve and it finally released. All it took was a bigger hammer. I will now be bringing my A3 to the rally. Actually, I was kind of looking forward to driving the A2 as it is much safer to drive on the expressway with the higher top speed.
That's great news!

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer :deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks