• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

REO 54

Yes,it looks pretty straight for it's vintage and the price is'nt unreasonable for the fact it even runs.Sorry I didn't post a link to that other truck,I'm still learning how to do stuff.

Kaiserjeeps

Well shoot. I just found cracks between all three intake and exhaust valves on my rear cylinder head on my 1C turbo motor. Unless I find another I am done already.
There has to be one in the PNW?

AaronW

Well shoot. I just found cracks between all three intake and exhaust valves on my rear cylinder head on my 1C turbo motor. Unless I find another I am done already.
There has to be one in the PNW?
That's no good at all! Sorry to hear it.

Some heads were up for auction a few weeks ago at Lewis. Anyone here get them?????

s1036s

Anybody able to tow a m35a2 please PM me for details. I need help getting it home, I would like to drive it but would rather work on it at my house rather then someones yard. Cash in hand if reasonable.

s1036s

Port angeles to everett, approx. 90 miles with a ferry ride depending on height restrictions? I think a low boy is the best option, but I am not sure.

AaronW

Pre-run planning

Yesterday Afternoon Hammer and I, and our much better halves, completed a drive of the upcomming convoy route. The route looks like it will work good. Over a 74 mile course we only have to contend with 4 stop lights. At two of these intersections we may post a "roadguard" so that we can roll through uncontested.
We ran at an average of about 52mph, which is a little faster than we expext the convoy to travel. On the weekend, we should have less commercial truck traffic to hold up.
The town of Morton WA will serve as our half way point and only planned rest stop. We scouted a large open parking area close to food and services that will be a good place to cool down the trucks, do safety checks, eat some grub, and show off our rigs to the curious town folk.
On the way back to Napavine, we took a two hour detour to check out 6X6 operation on a long winding logging road.:driver: Near the top of the mountain, we found a cool little 12' rock/gravel pile to climb. Why does my stock deuce look so tiny next to Ed's 818 on 52's:? We may have some pics and video to follow.

stay tuned........

REO 54

Awsome!Did a trail run myself w/my deuce to McKenna,Wa for parts to Brad Milne's deuce haven.Good run.No problems,except for my R front blowing up on my return to the Islands.No worries,had the tools and 4 spares I bought from Brad.I was back on the road in a 1/2 HR.

Hammer

In this video, it doesn't do justice to the gravel pile!
Well, and the truck just walks up it like it isn't there.
You will notice though that the tires come off the ground in a few spots.
Oh, and the pile has a drop off on the other side. So when the truck is sitting on the top, the back tries are just hanging in mid air.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJS8ckJcdE[/media]

Hammer

Here is the second vid. This time you can see the rear tires hanging off!
All that, and I think I only barely touched the drop rails that hold the battery box.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YULMlk24ZA[/media]

joshwho?

I think I'll be in on this! I might just cruise my '63 Comet or my '48 Pontiac up there because I still need some tires for my bobbed Deuce... but we'll see! :cool: Maybe I'll drag one of my trailers up behind my '72 Blazer :idea:

Hammer

The route for this year is a nice drive. Only one real hill, and even though it is fairly long, it is an easy hill. Nothing like all the hills we had on last year's convoy!

Now, if we could just get everyone to go up that hill we went yesterday! That was a fun little side jaunt. Thanks again for that one Aaron!

FYI, if you think your deuces do not have decent compression brakes, the cummins 250 has a LOT less! Add on the additional weight of the 818 compared to a deuce, and I had to use my brakes a LOT more then Aaron had to coming back down that hill. Heck, he barely used his, and I got mine pretty hot!

Hammer

I absolutely plan on putting jakes on my truck. But finding them in decent condition is harder then you would think!
Or at least finding them in decent condition when I have enough cash to spend on 'mv extras' can be hard...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks