• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Amer-team

Couple of items here.
For you guys coming down from the north and meeting in Tacoma. You could meet at the Tacoma Mall parking lot, but you could also pull off on the southbound 38th Street exit, there is a very wide shoulder there that you could form up on and not have to go all the way into the mall and go through 2 or 3 stoplights.

Also 4th of July parade in Centralia at 1600. We will form up at about 1500. We will also be doing a military stuff and vehicle display at Borst park, exit 82 on I-5 starting at 0900. We are trying to emphasize WW2, (65th anniversary), but there might be some flexibility on that. Drop a note if you are interested.

wsucougarx

For those making the journey down I-5 S

Just a thought, there is a very wide shoulder just south of Dupont. The off ramp is in the same vicinity as the weigh station on I-5N. The off ramp is some 200-300 yards long. The shoulder is huge as it is where tractor/trailers pull off for some zzz's. No traffic lights and easy access back onto I-5 without a chance of separation. Just an idea.

Last edited:

Kaiserjeeps

Couple of items here.
For you guys coming down from the north and meeting in Tacoma. You could meet at the Tacoma Mall parking lot, but you could also pull off on the southbound 38th Street exit, there is a very wide shoulder there that you could form up on and not have to go all the way into the mall and go through 2 or 3 stoplights.

Also 4th of July parade in Centralia at 1600. We will form up at about 1500. We will also be doing a military stuff and vehicle display at Borst park, exit 82 on I-5 starting at 0900. We are trying to emphasize WW2, (65th anniversary), but there might be some flexibility on that. Drop a note if you are interested.
Amer-Team, Is your name Pete?

Kaiserjeeps

Well hey Pete, I'm Al. I had the M715. My Mom lived over on F street. She told me about your truck and I ended up finding it and talking with you briefly last year. I really like your M715.
Unfortunately Mom died from an asthma attack on Feb 3rd. I have driven by your place a couple times while up doing stuff at her house. I have not stopped but wanted to see how things were going. Get in some truck talk.

Anyway, greetings. I thought it might be you from the location. Looking forward to getting out in the M35 and having some relaxation. I need to get my engine together today or tomorrow.

Probably see you at the rally in a month.

Cheers!

Amer-team

Al, if you are up this way, stop by. Best to drop a note to make sure I am there, but you are welcome anytime. Hope to have the M54 going for this mission. Am down to fuel and oil and filter changes. Have the filters, just have not had the time. Want to make sure I do the fuel right so I don't have a priming probelm.

Top speed on the 54 is still an issue, but may be solved with new filters.
Fall back position is the M 715. It pretty much always runs. Hope to see you in July.
Peter L.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks