• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Alex400

He who gets in a mess gets himself out right? Loading the "K" Provisions(Elkburger) in the 5th wheel freezer for the feast the PNW-2010 Rally,Campout and Convoy! I think I/m coming the farthest away, not sure. Anyone know? Almost 600 or more miles. elkhunter
are you hauling a 5th wheel with your deuce? that would be sick! I think you are the coming the farthest out of all of us. Props to you!

I was going to say, if you were driving the deuce across 3 states what would be epic. It's awesome you are coming out anyway!
I made a commitment to come! I keep my word! Thanks for the kind reply! I wouldn'' miss this for anything!!!! Only wish I could talk Sgt. Sam to come from Salmon, ID. I'm visiting him on the way out. He has one beautiful M62 Wrecker he has restored! maybe some day he'll come. I hope so! elkhunter

Last edited:

Hammer

I was going to say, if you were driving the deuce across 3 states what would be epic. It's awesome you are coming out anyway!
Last year I drove up from CA in the 818 and my wife drove the M1009.
It was 430 miles each way for us just to get here, plus all the convoy miles, and miles back out to rescue a stranded truck.

MAN, I am sure glad I am only a few miles from the start of the convoy this year!!!!!

Last year I drove up from CA in the 818 and my wife drove the M1009.
It was 430 miles each way for us just to get here, plus all the convoy miles, and miles back out to rescue a stranded truck.

MAN, I am sure glad I am only a few miles from the start of the convoy this year!!!!!
Your lucky! I guess we'll hold the record so far this year! Looking forward to meeting you Hammer and all the others in this event. Take care!

Hammer

Yup, darn lucky. Good place to live, and it just happens to be a few miles away from the Convoy/parade!
Btw, can't wait to get some of that elk to eat!!!

Hammer

So whos going to winch me out when I get stuck? Theres a great photo opportunity, and short case of beer or soda in it for ya.
Don't you owe me enough already?
I don't have a winch, but I doubt I would need it with the 818....

Hammer

are you hauling a 5th wheel with your deuce? that would be sick!
I have actually hooked up my 37' 5th wheel to my 818.
We were almost thinking about bringing it to the convoy, but it is a bit overkill since we live right down the road.

Btw, I keep bugging my wife to let me paint the 5th wheel 3 color camo. It would look SO COOL to tow that with the 818!!!

Kaiserjeeps

I have been following along. I am getting excited about it. I have a parade saturday and I finally fired off my truck after being down nearly 10 months. Funny the Legion hall just called to confirm. I was getting concerned.

I have a new clutch, new rear main, head gaskets, valve adjustment, detailed dash, dual probe pyro, locking hubs, spring ride conversion, and hopefully one more knuckle boot soon. If I can find a gantry crane I will pop in the LDS motor before the camp out.

I am looking forward to seeing a large collection of collector trucks in the morning sunlight. The smell of diesel and bacon.

Alex400

I have been following along. I am getting excited about it. I have a parade saturday and I finally fired off my truck after being down nearly 10 months. Funny the Legion hall just called to confirm. I was getting concerned.

I have a new clutch, new rear main, head gaskets, valve adjustment, detailed dash, dual probe pyro, locking hubs, spring ride conversion, and hopefully one more knuckle boot soon. If I can find a gantry crane I will pop in the LDS motor before the camp out.

I am looking forward to seeing a large collection of collector trucks in the morning sunlight. The smell of diesel and bacon.
that would be sick to ride in a lds powered deuce for comparison!

ABN173

Well I officially can't make it. My work won't let me take the time off. Another guy already claimed that weekend so it means I have to work. :(
No worries Jinx......if srodocker has his way we would be having weekly mini-rallies. Well hopefully you can make it out for one of the three days at least.

Stalwart

Well I officially can't make it. My work won't let me take the time off. Another guy already claimed that weekend so it means I have to work. :(
Bummer, can you make it to Arlington the week before? Admission is free for those who bring a MV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks