• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

s1036s

I am attempting to get my deuce ready for the rally. I was wondering if anyone locally everett, wa or so is parting out a deuce or that has parts for one. I am specifically looking at battery box, possibly to whole assembly that hangs off of the frame. Step, battery tray, frame work that the box slides on etc. Possibly other items. Please PM me..... Thanks Dave

wsucougarx

Went to Mt Rainier Nat'l Park yesterday and decided to take 508 to Spiffy's for dinner. Nice route Aaron! First time I've been on it. That corner coming on the downhill on that bridge can be a bit harry. I hit it going too fast in the mini-van. Needless to say, I didn't need coffee after that:-0

usmc deuce cpl

Boy you got that right. I took my truck for a drive the other day after fixing the tranny problem and it shifts great and third gear doesn't pop out of third gear anymore. :jumpin::driver:

Hammer

Well, I am not sure I will have two vehicles in it this year.
My 818 is still a GO.
But I couldn't make the trip to pick up my last deuce that I was going to take.
I sold the deuce I had up here.
And the bobbed truck isn't finished enough to take on that kind of convoy.
Oh, the m1009 needs a new rear axle and probably a tranny rebuild.

I will TRY and have a second vehicle for the convoy, but it's looking fairly poor that I will have a second ready in time.

wsucougarx

Speaking of inspections. I dug into the '88 over the last couple days. I pulled all the hubs, rebuilt all the wheel cylinders, replaced all the inner/outter oil seals, and repacked all the bearings. Bleeding the brakes today so she should be good to go. Still need to drain and clean the coolant system:)

Last edited:

Jinx

Speaking of inspections. I dug into the '88 over the last couple days. I pulled all the hubs, rebuilt all the wheel cylinders, replaced all th e inner/outter oil seals. Bleeding the brakes today so she should be good to go.
Is that all? lol You will have a rebuilt truck by the time of the meet.

srodocker

man couldnt find a nylon line today...going back to autozone and re asking someone because i was told from another store they had them for 99cents a foot...

AN/ARC186

If ya get bored Mike, I'm going to be doing the same thing to the Beastie, except I'm going to replace the bearings, with my luck, if I don't, as soon as I get it all back together it'll crap out.

AaronW

Added activity!!

Everyone please check Post #1 for updates.

I have added an optional Sunday offroad trip. Please refer to post #'s 328/330/331/334 on pages 33-34 for more info and video.

We are getting really close to GO TIME.:jumpin:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks