• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Stan Leschert

Well here is a tentative reservation for 2 more. Leo (who owns the M-135) is trying to break that weekend free. It is too long of a trip to beat up a 54 year old truck, so we will probably arrive in a Civvy Suburban (the tender to the big "M")

What sort of Comms are you using? FRS? What channel and PL code. If ham, What freq, ctcss and dtmf to access RPTR? VE7HHK

Will confirm as we go along. Stan.

I may even have to dust off my CF Combats for the meet!

If req, I can bring a couple of 12 v Orange Strobes.

I may even get Leo to bring the Gas Powered Blender. Can you say "Big Green Tailgate Party?"

Last edited:

Alex400

sorry for being out of the loop guys, I would be totally down for this! I have been pretty busy in school and my present motorcycle project and race prep. I would really like to hang out with you guys and lend my support as a support vehicle.

Alex400

yea elk alex was at the convoy last year. hes been around a bit. but he lives in seattle and no room for deuces....
and no income for deuces, lol. sometimes being a college student really sucks. lol a couple years it will be better. so far my the graduates from my major have a 95% job placement rate within 3 months of graduation. I hope since we are starting and ending at Aaron's i would be able to ride along with someone this year.

AaronW

I hope since we are starting and ending at Aaron's i would be able to ride along with someone this year.
Alex, We will have to do a better job this year of finding you a ride. Maybe if I find time to spruce up the '67 a little..........you might could drive it. Don't get yer hopes up too high.:roll:

Hammer

Well, if I have a couple vehicles out again for this convoy, I might have some extra seating for passenger(s). I know there were a couple trucks that could have a passenger.
And you might just ride in a FEW different vehicles on the convoy, and jump in different ones at each stop!
Or you can buy my extra deuce by then and just drive it home from here! Just think, I delivered it to the start of the convoy for you already! ;)

Alex400

Alex, We will have to do a better job this year of finding you a ride. Maybe if I find time to spruce up the '67 a little..........you might could drive it. Don't get yer hopes up too high.:roll:
That would be sweet to be able ride for the trip.

I won't get my hopes up, but if you need a hand working on anything, i will be on the west side the 3rd week of march for spring break and various other days between now and july. Would be awesome to work on stuff. Don't get to much living in the dorms.

Last edited:

Alex400

Well, if I have a couple vehicles out again for this convoy, I might have some extra seating for passenger(s). I know there were a couple trucks that could have a passenger.
And you might just ride in a FEW different vehicles on the convoy, and jump in different ones at each stop!
Or you can buy my extra deuce by then and just drive it home from here! Just think, I delivered it to the start of the convoy for you already! ;)
That would be cool.

I don't know about picking one up yet as much as i would want to. believe me. :jumpin:

Alex400

Hmm, I wonder if Dan has room for one more deuce:p...JK Dan[thumbzup]
haha your funny. if anything i would want to be able to keep it on the eastside so it would easier to get to! I would want to drive more that 4 times a year. lol if you got it, drive it. I would drive the thing so much in e-burg. it would be awesome.

Alex400

i've drove mine the past 4 days its now back at dans. and got the 08 fusion back...with heat!
alright, requirement for my future deuce is a freakin heater. lol over here in e-burg and 10* and below requires a heater and radiator cover.

If i had one over here at school i would drive it most of the time. I typically only drive a once or twice a week when i am over here and those trips are about 4-5 miles, 20 tops.

Josh

When I drive my deuce to work, it goes from a 6 blocks drive, to a 3 mile drive so I can bring the truck up to temp, run around at temp for a lil, then when I get to work, I let it idle for about 10 minutes then I shut her down. Do the same thing on the way home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks