• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrex

Just purchased a 24v MRE heater to install. Thanks to carcedcucv on youtube for that idea! (I know he's on here, just forgot his ID. Doh!)

Timber

SEM paint

Took the door panels off for a spruce up. My daughter and I took everything off and cleaned them up for paint. I had a can of the SEM interior paint with the correct code so it was time to try it out. I'd ordered some map pockets off ebay so it was a good time to put them on too. And I'd scored a very nice sun visor out of the junk yard so it got cleaned up and painted as well - it was blue this morning. Not bad for a few bucks and some time.

Attachments

wrex

Took the door panels off for a spruce up. My daughter and I took everything off and cleaned them up for paint. I had a can of the SEM interior paint with the correct code so it was time to try it out. I'd ordered some map pockets off ebay so it was a good time to put them on too. And I'd scored a very nice sun visor out of the junk yard so it got cleaned up and painted as well - it was blue this morning. Not bad for a few bucks and some time.
Nice!!!

odonnys

...doghead relay mod (many thanks doghead), patiently awaiting arrival of new starter, flat black rattle canned everything underneath. (it looks awesome!) I painted the rims, ripped up the rubber junk and the insulation from the floor to prep for painting interior and lining the floors. I washed off the "for sale" written on the windows and installed a trail camera on garage to catch the little punk who's doing it.

1984M1009

Old rusted exhaust broke off so I put two cherry bombs on until I decide what I want to do go single or add a turbo.

I replaced the broken cable going to the starter.

I also got a door lock unlock handle and a new window crank so it doesn't keep falling off when I shut the door

caladin

New Wiper Blades
New Headlights
Sanded and sand blasted the Driver side.
Replaced the driver side door.
Picked up a new rear view mirror, after market Trans ccooler and after market oil cooler at a junk yard.
Uses a wire sander on my cab floor on that evil rust

Barrman

I replaced all 4 front door hinge pins and put new door latch post on with the little plastic cover. Drivers door opens and closes with no effort or noise. Colton did the passenger side and it still takes a bit of a push to latch all the way. Not near as much as before though.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead relay mod! The hardest part was going to the hardware store for the ring terminals.

Next on the list -

Fix power steering fluid leak
New tires
New kingpin bushings
Repair/replace dash lighting
Window tinting?

Pops506th

On my M1010 today

Changed the steering stabilizer
Converted the A/C unit over to R134A refrigerant and recharged the system
Changed out the glow plugs (just in time too, one had started to expand)
Tightened up the drivers side mirror
Greased up all the fittings on the truck
I think that's about it

edpdx

I am taking a body/paint class at the Community College. I just sprayed my Blazer top with a polyester Primer to smooth out the fraying fiberglass. Its still very wet here where I live, and the primer is not quite ready for sanding. I'll get some pics so I can show off my handy work when I finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks