• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you mention other hoses you have had made - I assume you mean the fuel lines and such? Those turn to :poop: and fall off as black powder.
These are what the 3 fuel lines from the tank look
Like. Return line is ugly. Supply line looks like a replacement. The vent line was just open ended and folded over, buried under the tire. Shouldn't that have a breather on the end? I was curious on that
D1251F4F-3CF1-4C88-9BEF-C8BFA0DBC67C.jpeg542A9EA5-4E6A-471D-AEE0-ABB4EBE4313A.jpeg12772C05-BEFD-456F-AFBA-DF9FA584CFD5.jpeg

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter

MatthewWBailey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My vent line was also open and folded over. 07 A1R

What about the two lines after the water separator and before the return?
Yes I've already had 2 those remade. Those were average looking and the boss o rings on the HEUI are flat looking, so replacing. I'm in a mode right now, if I remove a line for any reason, it gets tossed. O rings too. However most of the large coolant lines look fairly new. Every Cat I own has been an exercise in hose and o ring replacement. I just had to do 10 o-rings and a pilot line on the backhoe hydraulics. Simple things but ultra critical.

MatthewWBailey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My vent line was also open and folded over. 07 A1R

What about the two lines after the water separator and before the return?
I'm putting one of those brass breathers on the vent line. See pic. Anyone think there's issues with that? Seems weird to have it just be an open ended hose. Got all the new ones today. Fancy
08878B03-B529-4625-8D07-51384729E342.jpegACDF6C10-AA59-470C-951A-FF9388E8E07F.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks