• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 19th-21st!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FFH,
Ferro and I are discussing the Pro's and Con's of that in PM's. Is there not someone closer that has an MKT? If they have it, I know how to use one with about a dozen hot meals prepared, and I know how to set one up and tear it down..... and I have just about all the manuals on field feeding that the Army would be using with them.
The problem is that is a 500 mile trip one way and with that puppy in the back a GI truck is lucky to make 50 mph - that translates into 10 hours of steady driving in a vehicle that is not exactly easy on one's backside. Since both Ferro and his wife will have to be back at work on Monday, we would need to leave fairly early on Sunday morning to make it back to Columbia at a reasonable hour (IE, before 1 am). Is that clear as mud, or do I need to confuse it more?

poppop

Mike, it took me 8 hours from my location to get there. I don't think you can make it in ten. If you go and pass close to me I would send grits and some surup. I am guessing you would take 20 and 75 which is a ways from me.

Green_gator

I will gladly "store" it for you here in Florida. Keep it happy and secure inside a nice warehouse and make sure that it does not get lonely. I understand on the difference it makes as I see that between the M35 with the tarp off and the 109 with the box.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poppop,

Mapquest has me on I-26 to I-95 South, then around Jacksonville, onto I-10 and then US 301 for 92 miles, from there onto US 27 S/ US 441 S before getting on some FL roads for the last 15-20 miles. Yahoo Maps sent me down I-95 to I-4 to Orlando, then on the state roads. Amounts to 450-470 miles either way.

Green_gator,
While I'm sure you would keep it in good health, Clinto and a bunch of others would be very disappointed at the Ga Rally.

Ferro,
I'll be looking to come up with at least one spare tire to carry - we would need to have something to weigh down that fifth wheel so your truck does not bounce too much - ask jwaller about that!

theoldman

Land Update From The Old Man

It has been a wet winter here in Florida. Campers and two wheel drives may not be able to get to the back 40A. Once the big trucks start going back the road will become mush real quick. There is available parking in the frount pasture. Bring your rubber boots

The Old Man

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No numbers but sales have been slow. This has been the norm in the past as well. Procrastinators.

poppop

SCSG-G4, If you take I-95 you will pass 30 miles from me. I don't think I will get to go to the Rally, but keep me up on your trip. I may can meet you and send some Grits and Syrup. Of course if you can work it in I would love to have you stop by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks